The history of the house dates back to 1920. Alois Gabler, the famous historical painter, was born here and is closely linked to the original house.
In 1990, the Melmer family bought the Wiese, rebuilt it, and opened it as a 3-Star Hotel. With a lot of dedication, over the years the hotel has been continually modernised and expanded. Only three years after the renovation and addition of more rooms in 2000, the large dining hall was built. The luxury Wellness Village was built in 2015, with its pool and sauna huts. The most recent extension - the modern Deluxe double room - came in 2020.